We welcomed Hastings Middle School and Pax Christi Church.
Hastings Middle School brought their 8th graders in two different groups; one from Monday through Wednesday, and the other group from Wednesday through Friday. While they were here, they were able to experience Archery, Oneota, Pioneer Life, Group Challenges, Wildlife Ecology, Winter Survival, Treetops, GPS Pathfinders, and Competitive Orienteering.
Pax Christi Church came on Friday for an overnight church retreat.
- Gulls were seen in a nearby field.
- Tundra Swans were seen migrating.
- More Bald Eagles can be seen in the area.
- Another possible Rough-legged Hawk was seen.
- There was an inch of Ice on our big pond last week.
Thought for the Week
“A mistake is simply another way of doing things.”
Nature Trivia Question
Answer to Last Week’s Question:
White-crowned Sparrows will share their territories with Fox Sparrows, but will chase Chipping Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos until they leave.
This Week’s Question:
Where do Tundra Swans sleep?