We welcomed Pheasants Forever Staff Meeting, Adventure Camp, and Fillmore County Summer Recreation.
The Pheasants Forever Staff Meeting went from Monday through Thursday. During the day they went to meetings and in the evenings they took classes like Fly Casting and Fishing, East Treetops, Canoeing, Group Challenges, and went to the Shotgun Range.
The 5th and 6th graders of Adventure Camp arrived on Tuesday for a Morning of East Treetops.
The Kindergarten through 8th graders from the Fillmore County Summer Recreation Program arrived on Wednesday for an afternoon of East Treetops, West Treetops, Rock Climbing, and Ponding.
- An adult Bald Eagle was seen giving its begging young a fish.
- Young Northern Cardinals were seen begging for food.
- Two clutches of American Robins have fledged the nest.
- One Clutch of Eastern Bluebirds have fledged the nest.
- Purple Coneflower is in bloom.
- Milkweed is blooming.
- Garlic Mustard is going to seed.
- You can see fields of Wild Parsnip.
Thought for the Week
“Seven days without laughter makes one weak.”
Nature Trivia Question
Answer to the Last Trivia Question:
Minnesota’s largest dragonfly is the Dragon Hunter.
This Week’s Question:
In what year did the Bald Eagle become the symbol for the United States?